- For infants and toddlers up to 36 months.
- Once a child turns 3, they will join Children’s Church during the regular service.
- Our Nursery is available during Bible Class Hour and all regular services.
Eden Baptist Church Nursery exists to glorify God by striving to faithfully and lovingly care for infants and toddlers in a safe, clean and orderly manner in order to promote a teaching/worship environment for older children and adults that is free from distraction and concern.
Parents check their child in by registering information on the Nursery Sign-In Sheet. Parents are given an assigned number on a carabiner clip. Nursery attendants will apply stickers with name and/or number to identify each child and their diaper bag.
Parents do not need to enter the nursery. Only scheduled workers and mothers who need to nurse their infants should enter the nursery door. Please hand your child through the nursery window to a worker. If you need to personally attend to your child, please do so in a room other than the nursery (a changing table is provided in the Family Restroom).
If there is an emergency or a child is inconsolable, we will contact parent by text message or usher.
Parents must return their carabiner clip with assigned number when picking up their child. The Child will not be returned to another adult or adolescent unless verbal parental permission is given at check-in and a parental notation is made on the Sign-in Sheet.
Parents should return promptly after the service ends to pick up their child.
Eden’s Nursery staff is made up of a Nursery Director, six Overseers and many women and teenage girls who volunteer as attendants. Our nursery is staffed with one worker per four children. Adult women are present during each service.
We appreciate your help in promoting a healthy environment for our little ones. Please do not bring children with the following symptoms to the nursery:
- Fever within the previous 24 hours
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea within the previous 24 hours
- Any symptoms of childhood diseases (chicken pox, whooping cough, measles, mumps, etc.)
- Runny nose with any colored discharge
- Any unexplained rash
- Any skin infection
- Pink eye and other eye infections
- Head lice (child should be free of all nits)
If child is being treated with antibiotics, he/she should be on the drug for 24 hours before coming back to the nursery.
If your child is observed with any of these symptoms, you may be asked to return for your child.
- Nursery snacks include Animal Crackers and Cheerios.
- Parental permission for snacks must be entered on the Sign-in sheet and/or the Child Registration Card.
- To keep dietary and allergy issues to a minimum, parents are encouraged to have their child eat the Nursery snacks provided. If a child is unable to eat Animal Crackers or Cheerios, parents may provide alternative snacks.
- Only water in small paper cups will be offered as a drink.
- If a child has his/her own cup or bottle, it should be clearly labeled.
- Snacks will be kept to a minimum so as not to ruin appetites.
- Staffing issues prohibit children from being fed meals in the nursery.
- In order to properly attend to the needs of each child, nursery workers may not be able to bottle feed babies.
- Nursing mothers may use the “nook” area or the family restroom for breastfeeding their babies.
The Quiet Room is available for sleeping babies.
The nursery is a fragrance-free area. Due to allergies and sensitivities to fragrances, workers are asked to avoid perfumes and scented body products.
Although children over three are not permitted in the nursery during church services, this rule does not apply during less formal gatherings (i.e., Church work days, Home Groups, etc).